Spring Trip Starts Now! (Transiting in HK)

By Helene Lydia - April 18, 2017

As you may notice from my instagram (have you followed me?), I recently went on a trip with my mom and grandparents. My friends would think that it was my birthday trip or graduation trip, but the actual reason was to accompany my grandparents to meet my cousin who currently studying abroad. Our destination was the home of boybands and girlbands, cute-packaging cosmetics, and the eye-tearing romantic dramas: South Korea!🇰🇷

We aware that if we joined the travel agent's tour, we will need to go early in the morning and get back late which will be very tiring (especially for the oldies). Moreover, usually tour has a fast pace itinerary and it is not suitable for our grandparents who walk slowly. Thus, for grandparents' flexibility and comfortability, we decided to go by ourself.

We flew from Surabaya with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. We arrived in Hong Kong at 3 PM, while our next flight will be at 2:20 AM... It felt great to be back to HK and back to the atmosphere that I used to live with, that the almost 12 hours of transit didn't bother me.
If you happened to have a long transit time in Hong Kong, no need to worry as you can always hop on the bus to reach the downtown. I bought the ticket for bus A11 to Causeway Bay. It costs HK$ 40 dollar for one way and HK$ 65 for round trip ticket (payment with Octopus card is also welcomed). There are many buses with various destinations that you could check out, just make sure to know where to get off and get on to get your way back to the airport (the get on part is quite tricky, so browse it first!). There were many people using the bus to leave the airport so we need to queue for almost half an hour. After around an hour sitting on the bus, we finally reached Causeway Bay safe and sound :)

My plan for the transit?
Catch up over dinner with my beloved exchange and HK friends and enjoy my fave frozen yoghurt, llaollao!
Ho Hung Kee wonton noodle and all time favs llaollao
After 2 hours of chatting and munching with my HK buddies, I made my way back to the airport. It took another one hour. In total, my queueing and transporting duration was about 2.5 hours. Gosh. Plan your timing right guys!

It was midnight and the airport was quite empty and covered in silence... not the typical airport scene that we could expect in Hong Kong. Shops were closed and many people were sleeping on the chairs waiting for their flight. The rest of my waiting time in HK airport was spent taking pictures lol. Luckily there were quite spots to take picture.
Replica of HK's Dai Pai Dong and cute duck made of cans
Finally, it was our boarding time! Cheers to good night sleep in the airplane! And our first destination in South Korea is..... *drumroll*
🇰🇷🌸BUSAN!🇰🇷🌸
I'll see you with my day one in Busan in my next post! 🌸❤️ xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments